Hello again…not going to lie…it’s been a hot minute since I’ve updated this. Wow…almost a year and a half! Time flies…more on that later. I’m honestly surprised that this page still gets any views at all! Ha.
I suppose a recap of the past year or so is in order….
- Alex and I are both continuing our pioneering in Rib Mountain! Going on 4 years. 🙂
- Alex gave his first public talk, and subsequently his first outgoing public talk to New London, WI.
- I’ve had my first and second assembly parts and boy, were those intense! But they were such a privilege and I can’t wait for my next one.
- We have the most incredible new CO and CO’s Wife. They’re both so young and she’s an amazing example to follow.
- I’ve begun to learn both Korean and Japanese…hopefully we can visit those countries soon.
- I’ve had some incredible friends come into my life (looking at you Trash Trio, my owl, Aoi..Brayli…the list goes on) and I couldn’t imagine life without them in it. It’s true that the most unexpected friendships are the best!
- As of now, we’re still in our apartment! At least for another month or two.
- We are 99% sure that we’re buying a house! The only thing potentially in the way is that the roof might need to be replaced right away. However, the advantage with buying a home compared to renting is that it’s definitely more affordable and we would have more freedom as to how we choose to use the space. We can host more people for hospitality with a backyard, and both Alex and I can focus more on working from home to support pioneering. Renting is becoming a bit of a bother even though we both love this apartment! Anyone with homebuying experience…feel free to weigh in with a comment. It would be appreciated. 🙂
- I’ve now began to do art commissions as more of a part-time job, although I’m still at the pharmacy. Perhaps I’ll post more about my art later on. 🙂
Well, that’s most of the major happenings around here. It’s a crazy life but it’s been fun lately. I’ve made it a personal goal to focus on the positives about each situation in life even though it’s something I definitely struggle with. It has definitely helped with my outlook on life. 🙂 If I’ve learned anything, it’s been that Jehovah will never abandon you during tough times and that there is always a silver lining to any bad situations. Sounds cheesy, but it’s true.
I’ll leave you with that for now! I hope to be back a little bit quicker next time…haha.
Until then, my friends! 🙂